I got lots of request on this recipe, so here goes! We LOVE this one.
TIP: I always make this in 2- 8×8 pans and freeze one to give as a baby meal.
Black Bean Enchiladas
1 box Zatarains Black Beans & Rice
1 lb. ground beef
2 – 10 oz cans red enchilada sauce
1 pkg. burrito size tortillas
8 oz. cheddar or mexican cheese
- Prepare Zatarains mix according to directions.
- Meanwhile, brown ground beef. When Zatarain’s mix is done, add ground beef and one can of enchilada sauce. Stir well.
- Preheat oven to 375°, and grease 9×13 pan or 2 8×8 pans.
- Drizzle half of sauce onlong bottom of the pan. Take a tortilla and fill a line down the entire middle with Zat/beef mixture. Roll up and lay in pan, seam side down. Do this until all meat mixture is gone. Fills one 9×13 or 2-8×8 pans.
- Drizzle the remaining sauce over the rolled enchiladas and top with cheese.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake covered for 15 mintues, then uncovered for 10 more minutes.
** Garnish with black olives, green onions, sour cream and/or salsa.
Ways I change it up:
- Use ground turkey, instead of beef, or chicken
- 1 can of enchilada sauce
- Diced Tomatoes to Zatarains mix – you can add different things in the mix like tomatoes, diced green chiles, salsa, whatever you like!
Recipe developed by Kelly Hancock ©2010 Faithful Provisions. For personal use only. May not be reproduced, reprinted or distributed for capital gain without prior permission from Kelly Hancock.