My friend Amy introduced me to this pasta salad, it is SO good and very easy. It is perfect for any type of cookout or party, because it doesn’t have to be real cold and it has no mayonnaise.
Perfect side dish for your July 4th cookouts!
Mine doesn’t look as pretty as the original final product because I left a few things out and I forgot the parsley! (Which I had plenty of in the garden.)
A few tips with this recipe:
- trade out any small sized pasta, I used ditalinni
- use your favorite garden vegetables, omit and add your favs!
- make extra dressing as a salad dressing for green garden salads, so good!
- omit fresh parsley if you don’t have a garden, mostly for color not taste
Savannah Pasta Salad
- 1 box elbow macaroni
- 1 cucumber, peeled & diced
- 1 onion, diced (red, green onion or shallots are great too)
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup bell pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas (I used a whole bag)
- crumbled feta (if you like)
- 1 cup apple cidar vinegar ( I used 3/4)
- 1 cup olive oil (I used 3/4)
- 1 1/4 cup sugar (I used 1 cup)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground mustard
1. Cook and rinse noodles under cold water.
2. In a small saucepan, bring to a boil vinegar, oil and sugar – remove and cool. Combine remaining dressing ingredients.
3. Combine all salad ingredients, toss with dressing.