This meal came from trying to incorporate lots of random items! I had only one fillet of salmon, not enough for two meals, managers special spinach and discounted mushrooms- oh and half a box of pasta. You could use bacon, peas or any other veggie to make this.
Lemon Salmon Pasta
1/2 box of whole wheat pasta (I used penne)
1 large salmon fillet, grilled (or baked)
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 T. olive oil
1 lemon, juiced and zested
4-5 T of butter
1/2 cup pasta water, chicken broth or white wine
salt and pepper, to taste
3-4 cups chopped fresh spinach
1-16 oz container sliced mushrooms
grated Parmesan for garnish
- Grill or bake salmon. (I marinate mine in OJ for 30 minutes to give it some flavor.)
- Saute garlic and mushrooms in olive oil. Boil pasta according to package directions while this is cooking. Save 1/2 cup starchy pasta water to thicken sauce.
- Turn to medium low and melt butter, then add zest, juice and water/broth/wine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta and add to mushroom mixture. Add spinach and once it is wilted, add salmon and toss.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese.
Recipe developed by Kelly Hancock ©2010 Faithful Provisions. For personal use only. May not be reproduced, reprinted or distributed for capital gain without prior permission from Kelly Hancock.