This was inspired by a bunch of leftovers in my refrigerator that I didn’t know what to do with. Plus we were in need of some greenery. So, I used what I had on hand to make my version of a Cobb Chef Salad. You can add anything you like.
If you have been following me long, you know I don’t really go by a strict recipe, I kind of wing it. So below I will just list the ingredients and you determine the quantity. If you really like an ingredient, add more of it. (For example, I used cucumber, green onions, and shredded cheddar to fill in for other ingredients I didn’t have.)
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed and torn (or favorite kind)
- Hard boiled eggs, diced
- Bacon, crumbled
- Fresh herbs (your choice)
- Diced cooked turkey or chicken
- Avocados, diced (see how on my avocado tutorial)
- Tomatoes, chopped
- Blue cheese, crumbled
- Dressing – creamy blue cheese or a vinaigrette does well
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Arrange salad ingredients according to your preference.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the wine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper. Using a fork, mash in the remaining 1 ounce Roquefort cheese to make a paste. While whisking, slowly drizzle in the olive oil to form a thick dressing.
Recipe developed by Kelly Hancock ©2010 Faithful Provisions. For personal use only. May not be reproduced, reprinted or distributed for capital gain without prior permission from Kelly Hancock.