Sorry, but I had no intention of posting this, because I thought I already had! So, that is why there are no pictures. But just picture a quiche with no crust.
I had a lot of random vegetables from our CSA, buttercream from homemade butter, and farm fresh eggs from a trip to my mother in laws. I wasn’t in the mood to make a crust, so I made a fritatta instead!
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup cheese (I used Parmesan)
- 1 small squash, sliced and quartered
- 1 small zucchini, sliced and quartered
- 1 small red or white onion, sliced
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chiffonade
- Heat eggs and add milk, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in cast iron skillet on medium and lightly saute garlic. Add squash, zucchini, and onion and cook until tender. Add spinach and once wilted, add egg mixture. Top with tomatoes and basil.
- Cook on stovetop for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes. Once eggs are cooked, remove and let cool.
Recipe developed by Kelly Hancock ©2010 Faithful Provisions. For personal use only. May not be reproduced, reprinted or distributed for capital gain without prior permission from Kelly Hancock.