- 5 cups peeled, cubed eggplant (1 large, or 2 medium Japanese)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tomatoes, halved, cored and cut into thin slices
- ½ large cucumber, peeled, halved, seeded and cut into crescents
- 1 small yellow or red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, sliced on the diagonal
- 1 lb wheat pasta, udon or soba noodles, cooked
- dry roasted peanuts, chopped for garnish
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lime peel
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger root
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or fish sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh thai basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh green chiles, minced
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Toss the eggplant with oil, spread on a large baking sheet and roast in oven for 25 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile place tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers and scallions aside in a bowl.
- Whisk all marinade ingredients together in a bowl.
- When eggplant is done roasting, toss with marinade in a bowl, and set aside to cool and let set for at least one hour.
- Just before serving, toss with noodles and other vegetables. And serve at room temperature. Serve with roasted peanuts or cashews and mung sprouts.
Recipe developed by Kelly Hancock ©2010 Faithful Provisions. For personal use only. May not be reproduced, reprinted or distributed for capital gain without prior permission from Kelly Hancock.