This is a classic pot roast recipe, but with a twist that makes it a unique standout among its traditional counterparts: The chili sauce adds a sweet and tangy depth of flavor that drives it over the top.
*Scroll down to use print recipe feature and add to your Recipe Box.
I love to take the leftovers from this roast and turn them into French Dip Sandwiches or Beef Enchiladas. The flavor from the chili sauce is a great accompaniment to these dishes. So if you want to cook it once but make it available for several meals, you would want to double the size of your normal pot roast. I usually shoot for a 5-6 pounder.
This recipe came about from a visit with my friend Whitney, who lives in Charleston. Her fabulous recipe is so simple, but so good!
- Your favorite pot roast, flank steak, or other beef
- 1 jar chili sauce
- 1 large onion, sliced
- Throw it all in the crock pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- *TIP: We put our crockpot on the back porch in the summer!
More Slow Cooker Meals:
- Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff
- Slow Cooker Sticky Chicken
- Slow Cooker Herbed Pork
- All Slow Cooker Recipes here
Recipe developed by Kelly Hancock ©2010 Faithful Provisions. For personal use only. May not be reproduced, reprinted or distributed for capital gain without prior permission from Kelly Hancock.