Of all the holiday recipes, this is my daughter’s favorite. She asks for it year round and thank goodness is it super simple and I can get always find the ingredients on sale. I always make these ahead of time and just pull out frozen and cook Christmas morning.
These freeze really well either precooked or raw, your pick according to how much time you have. When I know I am putting these in the freezer for a few days or weeks, I cook them for only ten minutes. They are still done, but they are just undercooked enough that they are not crispy on the outside. After I allow them to cool, I will put them in gallon freezer bags and store in my freezer.
When I am ready to heat them up, I arrange them on a cookie sheet and put them in an oven pre-heated to 350 degrees for ten minutes. That’s usually all the time it takes for them to be heated through and crispy on the outside–just like we like them!
- 1 lb mild sausage
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese (mild or sharp)
- 2 cups baking mix (Recommended: Bisquick)
- Mix all ingredients either by hand, or in a stand mixer.
- Roll into golf-sized balls and place on a cookie sheet.
- Cook in a 400 degree oven for 12-15 minutes.
Find more recipes for your Holiday Meal Planning on Faithful Provisions.