This is what I call my “All Purpose” Greek Marinade, because you can use it on just about anything. I use it on chicken and vegetables the most, but it is amazing on steaks and lamb too. I will marinate the meat for about 30 minutes before cooking, but with vegetables you only need 10-15 minutes, due to the high acidity content in the lemon. Don’t over marinate or you food will fall apart!
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- juice of 2 lemons, or ⅓ cup lemon juice (I use the Minute Maid Frozen Concentrate)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (fresh is best!)
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon basil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Mix all ingredients together in a jar and shake until well blended. Pour over meat or vegetables.
- Meat – marinate for 30 minutes
- Vegetables – marinate 10-15 minutes
Recipe developed by Kelly Hancock ©2010 Faithful Provisions. For personal use only. May not be reproduced, reprinted or distributed for capital gain without prior permission from Kelly Hancock.