Guest post by Beth Gurley of Life’s Daily Bread
1. Packed with Vitamins and Minerals – There are 26 known vitamins and minerals in freshly milled wheat.
2. It’s Healthy – We benefit greatly by eating wholesome, natural food the way God made it. All of the breads, muffins, pancakes, cookies, pizza, etc. that we make from freshly milled wheat are not only healthier for us but they taste delicious.
3. Tastes Good! Soft, Fresh, Whole Wheat Flour – The flour that you will produce from your very own grain mill is very soft. You can even feel the slight oiliness of the natural wheat germ. This flour is easy for the body to digest. If you like fresh, quality ingredients, this flour will enhance the taste of everything you make from it. You can feel good knowing that you are giving your family the very best that nature can provide. Flour produced from milling your own wheat isn’t harsh and “cardboard” tasting like many “whole wheat” flours that you purchase at your local grocery store.
4. Better Price Than Store-bought – You can make your own loaf of nutrient packed bread using high quality ingredients for less than $2 a loaf.
5. Small Investment, Huge Rewards – We believe milling your own wheat is an investment of a little more of your time into your health and the health of your family. That’s a small price to pay for good health.
6. It’s Easy! – It’s so easy to mill your own flour whenever you need it. Simply pour in the whole grain wheat, turn on the switch, and your nourishing, whole grain flour is made instantly. You too can begin enjoying the health benefits and it at a fraction of the cost of the price of store bought flour.
7. You Control What’s in Your Food – Commercial processors have tried to “enrich” flours with vitamin B1, B2, Iron, and Niacin, but it still cannot make up for all the other vitamins lost.
8. Start Eliminating Disease – Everything I’ve read suggests that so many health problems such as diabetes, hypoglycemia, obesity, heart disease and bowel problems are all on the rise since the introduction of white flour back in the 1900’s. By removing white flour from your diet, and replacing it with fresh milled whole wheat, we believe you can begin to reverse the cycle of disease in your body and start creating better health the way God intended.
9. Lose Weight, Look Better, Feel Better – For me personally, I have lost weight. My skin is clearer. I have more energy. The bread is so satisfying and my sugar cravings have greatly diminished. I stay full longer. Other members of my family have had constipation relieved by regularly eating the bread.
Homemade whole wheat bread has nourished man for thousands of years and is nutritionally far superior to refined white bread. I believe that our body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and it is our responsibility to keep it healthy. We can best do that with all the things he has put on this earth for us to eat and enjoy. Whole grains, fruits and vegetables. God is so wise and so good. I encourage you to start on the road to healthier living by making small changes each day. It is a journey! We hope you will join us!
While we are a business, we also look at giving our time and knowledge as a ministry. We desire to teach anyone who wants to learn. Find our contact information on our website Life’s Daily Bread. If you live in the Tennessee area, get a few friends together and we can gather in our kitchen to show you how to make your own bread and other goods using fresh milled wheat!
Next week…How to Make Homemade Bread.
Read more articles in our Healthy Living Series.