I don’t know why I like this salad more, because it is so good, has so many versatile uses or it is really nutritious and good for you. You decide.
*Scroll down to use print recipe feature and add to your Recipe Box.
I make a big batch of this, which is the recipe below, so you might want to half it if you are only going to use it for one thing. Here are a few ways to eat this:
- Black Bean Corn Salad and Avocado Tostadas (recipe coming later!)
- Black Bean Corn Salad as a side dish
- Black Bean Corn Salad as a salsa with tortilla or pita chips
- 1-2 pints grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 pkg frozen shoe peg corn (or any other corn)
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 green onions, chopped (whites and greens) - or red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapeno peppers, seeded (1-2 peppers)
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice (2 limes)
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 ripe Hass avocados, seeded, peeled, and ½-inch diced
- Place the tomatoes, corn, black beans, green onion, cilantro and jalapeno peppers in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the lime juice, vinegar, olive oil, salt, black pepper, garlic, and cayenne pepper and pour over the vegetables.
- Toss well.
- Add avocado as you eat. This way you can keep it in the fridge as long as you want without the avocados turning brown.
- This tastes best the next day!
Recipe developed by Kelly Hancock ©2010 Faithful Provisions. For personal use only. May not be reproduced, reprinted or distributed for capital gain without prior permission from Kelly Hancock.