Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, has the reputation for being the best shopping day of the year, but I have to admit it is my least favorite day to get out! Typically, you’ll find me at home, checking out the online deals, because honestly, I think they are better. However, if you like getting out and it is your tradition, it’s time to get ready for it! Below are some helpful tips to make your shopping day more efficient, easier, and effective.
1. Have a list – I would be prepared with a list of what you are looking for and at what price. Think through the presents you need for each person and how much you are willing to spend on each before you leave to shop. This will keep you from picking up extra items you don’t really need saving you lots of money.
2. Research pricing – Know what is a good price for the items you want to purchase. Just by researching prices ahead of time, you can save yourself tons. Knowing a good sale price on your favorite item may mean the difference in where you place your shopping efforts.
TIP: Some stores will be price matching on Black Friday deals too! Rumor is Walmart and Target will be participating again, but call first to verify. They will price match the price offered by other retailers on identical items. You may bring other stores’ Black Friday circulars to your local Walmart or Target store and reduce the number of stores you shop that way.
3. Know your promotion details and store policies- Some doorbuster sales are only for a certain time frame during that day, or only certain styles/colors of items are on sale. In addition, be clear on return policies and price matching criteria for these days.
4. Use Coupons - There are lots of coupons out there for the items you will find on sale, so do a little research before you head out. Have them printed and ready to go! Don’t forget to look for the $10 off a $50 purchase types of coupons too. Those can really help bring down your total cost when you combine them with manufacturer coupons and the Black Friday sales.
TIP: Use sites like RetailMeNot to search for online coupons to the stores you will be shopping.
5. Have a shopping partner – Two are better than one, so have a shopping partner when getting out there, preferably someone who has the same items in mind as you, so you can help each other snag the deals! Split up and tackle separate items on your list to be sure to get what you want.
BEST TIP: Wait for Cyber Monday!
I know many of you love to be out on Black Friday and you find it the ultimate challenge. But for many it is just plain stressful and frustrating. That would be me! I will be highlighting all the great deals for Cyber Monday here on Faithful Provisions. I have found in years past that I can find deals just as good, if not even better, online–never leaving my home or my pajamas!
Do you shop on Black Friday? Be sure to share your shopping tips and even your best Black Friday memories below.