While at the grocery store today I found lots of Laura’s Lean Ground Beef on sale and multi-grain french loafs on manager’s special. So, I decided to improvise since I had no hamburger buns and I think this is my favorite hamburger yet!
*Scroll down to use print recipe feature and add to your Recipe Box.
Caramelized Onion Gourmet Burger
1 lb ground beef, pat into patties
1/2 red onion, sliced
cheddar cheese slices
BBQ Sauce (your favorite! mine is Sweet Baby Ray’s Chipotle Honey)
To serve, put burgers on toasted bread, top with caramelized onions and your favorite bbq sauce!
- 1 lb ground beef, pat into patties
- ½ red onion, sliced
- Olive oil
- Cheddar cheese slices
- BBQ Sauce (your favorite! Mind is Sweet Baby Ray's Chipotle Honey)
- Heat oil in a small to medium pan and saute onions until brown and caramelized. Set aside.
- Cut a full baguette into about four inch buns, and cut in half.
- Drizzle insides of baguette pieces with oil, and put directly on the grill to toast when you put burgers on.
- Once burgers are almost done, top with cheese slices.
- To serve, put burgers on toasted bread, top with caramelized onions and your favorite BBQ sauce!
Recipe developed by Kelly Hancock ©2010 Faithful Provisions. For personal use only. May not be reproduced, reprinted or distributed for capital gain without prior permission from Kelly Hancock.