If you’re looking for more shredded carrot salad ideas, I’ve got one for you that incorporates cucumbers. These are kid-friendly veggies around my house, so I like to use them in different ways whenever I can.
*Scroll down to use print recipe feature and add to your Recipe Box.
We had lots of cucumbers in our CSA box this week. There were even some yellow ones. (That looks sort of like squash in the picture, but those are yellow cucumbers!) You can shred the carrot with a blade shredder, or use a vegetable peeler like I did.
The Ponzu Sauce is what makes this salad, and a little goes a long way. If you aren’t familiar with it, Ponzu Sauce is usually what is served with pot stickers in most Japanese restaurants. I love it; it is a salty, fruity sauce with a really deep citrus-y flavor.
- 2-3 carrots, shredded or shaved with a vegetable peeler
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and sliced
- ¼ cup Ponzu Sauce
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- In a small bowl combine Ponzu Sauce and pour in olive oil and whisk until blended.
- In a separate bowl, pour Ponzu dressing over carrots and cucumber.
- Let sit and marinate for about an hour before serving.
You might also like this recipe for Easy Shredded Carrot Salad with Ginger Dressing.
Recipe developed by Kelly Hancock ©2010 Faithful Provisions. For personal use only. May not be reproduced, reprinted or distributed for capital gain without prior permission from Kelly Hancock.