I got this recipe from a good friend of mine Melanie, and it had no name. So, I asked my Facebook Fans to help me name it. My favorite was from Julie, hence came “Cheesy Tomato Stroganoff”.
*Scroll down to use print recipe feature and add to your Recipe Box.
This recipe freezes well, so you can make it on a Kitchen Prep Day and have a delicious meal that is ready for you to pull out of the freezer, heat, and serve. Perfect for a busy day! (Use my FREE Prep Day Planner to get everything organized and make the most of your time.)
**I lightened this up by using 1/3 fat cream cheese, low fat sour cream and wheat no-egg noodles.
Cheesy Tomato Stroganoff
1 lb wide egg noodles, cooked
1 lb ground beef, drained
2 small cans tomato sauce or 1 large can (15 oz )
1 can diced tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
8 oz cream cheese, softened
8 oz sour cream
3 green onions, sliced (greens only)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Brown ground beef and drain, then add tomato sauce, tomatoes, salt and garlic powder.
Mix cream cheese, sour cream and green onions. I microwave the cream cheese for about 30 seconds to make it easy to stir them together.
Finish with cheese mixture. Lastly, top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- 1 pound wide egg noodles, cooked
- 1 pound ground beef, drained
- 2 small cans tomato sauce or 1 large can (15 ounces )
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 3 green onions, sliced (greens only)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown ground beef and drain, then add tomato sauce, tomatoes, salt and garlic powder.
- Mix cream cheese, sour cream and green onions. I microwave the cream cheese for about 30 seconds to make it easy to stir them together.
- In either one 9×13 or two 8×8 pans, layer ingredients.
- First, put noodles in bottom of pan.
- Top with meat mixture.
- Finish with cheese mixture.
- Last, top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Cook in a 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes, or until heated through and bubbly!
Recipe provided by Kelly Hancock ©2010 Faithful Provisions. For personal use only. May not be reproduced, reprinted or distributed for capital gain without prior permission from Kelly Hancock.