I kind of added to a previous recipe to come up with this one! Since it is a Mexican based dish, you can add whatever your favorite Mexican ingredients are if you don’t like any of these. (FYI – The lettuce is not turning brown, it is a red leaf lettuce!)
- 1 lb cooked seasoned ground turkey (use my Taco Seasoned Meat recipe)
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 6-8 corn tortillas
- spray oil
- shredded cheddar cheese
- shredded lettuce
- diced tomatoes
- Taco salad dressing (recipe below)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray baking sheet and corn tortillas with oil. Toast in oven about 4-5 minutes.
- Top tortillas with beans and cheese. Cook until cheese is melted, about 3-4 minutes.
- Let cool about 3 minutes, then top with favorite toppings!
Check out this delicious homemade Taco Salad Dressing Recipe from my friend Jill. It is wonderful!! It keeps in the fridge for up to one week. I will use it in a Mexican-inspired pasta dish later this week.
Recipe developed by Kelly Hancock ©2010 Faithful Provisions. For personal use only. May not be reproduced, reprinted or distributed for capital gain without prior permission from Kelly Hancock.