This meal came from trying to incorporate lots of random items! I had only one fillet of salmon, not enough for two meals, managers special spinach and discounted mushrooms- oh and half a box of pasta. You could use bacon, peas or any other veggie to make this.
- ½ box of whole wheat pasta (I used penne)
- 1 large salmon fillet, grilled (or baked)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 4-5 tablespoon of butter
- ½ cup pasta water, chicken broth, or white wine
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3-4 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1-16 ounces container sliced mushrooms
- Grated Parmesan for garnish
- Grill or bake salmon. (I marinate mine in orange juice for 30 minutes to give it some flavor.)
- Saute garlic and mushrooms in olive oil.
- Boil pasta according to package directions while this is cooking.
- Save ½ cup starchy pasta water to thicken sauce.
- Turn to medium low and melt butter, then add zest, juice, and water/broth/wine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta and add to mushroom mixture.
- Add spinach and once it is wilted, add salmon and toss.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese.
See all my recipes for seafood in my Recipe Box on Faithful Provisions!
Recipe developed by Kelly Hancock ©2010 Faithful Provisions. For personal use only. May not be reproduced, reprinted or distributed for capital gain without prior permission from Kelly Hancock.