I think you’ll enjoy this delicious recipe for Pasta with Sausage, Tomatoes, and Cream. It has a flavorful spicy taste that is balanced with a creamy texture for a perfect Italian meal.
- 1 (12 ounce) package favorite pasta (I used orchietti, ear- shaped)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage (removed from the casing)
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (can omit/decrease if your family doesn’t like spicy dishes)
- ½ cup diced onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1½ cups whole milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley (or 1T dried, I used my frozen parsley from this summer)
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
- Heat oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat. Cook sausage. Stir in onion and garlic, and cook until onion is tender. Stir in tomatoes, cream, and salt.
- Simmer until mixture thickens, 8 to 10 minutes. (Since I used milk, I put some of the hot liquid into a bowl with 1 T of flour and made a paste, then stirred into sauce to thicken it.)
- Stir cooked pasta into sauce, and heat through. Sprinkle with parsley.
Find more Tomato-Based recipes and Pasta recipes on Faithful Provisions.
Recipe developed by Kelly Hancock ©2010 Faithful Provisions. For personal use only. May not be reproduced, reprinted or distributed for capital gain without prior permission from Kelly Hancock.