This is one of my favorite salads, and after all the junk I have eaten lately, I badly needed and craved a salad–this did just the trick.
I served this salad with my whole wheat french rolls.
- Green leaf lettuce, coarsely chopped
- 1 pear, diced
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- Feta or Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons vinegar (I like white wine, white balsamic, or red wine vinegars)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Combine ingredients for dressing in bottom of large salad bowl.
- Toss pears in mixture first to keep them from turning brown.
- Add remaining salad ingredients and toss well.
Recipe developed by Kelly Hancock ©2010 Faithful Provisions. For personal use only. May not be reproduced, reprinted or distributed for capital gain without prior permission from Kelly Hancock.