You’re going to love this easy, tasty Southwestern Soup. When I say easy, I really mean it. You just throw all the ingredients in, heat it up, and serve. It also freezes well, which is a must! Keep the meal simple by going with trouble-free side dishes. My choice? I usually serve this with cornbread or tortilla chips. That’s all you need.
*Scroll down to use print recipe feature and add to your Recipe Box.
Keep in mind with this recipe that I usually add more cheese to make this soup even creamier. If you don’t have any Pepper Jack cheese on hand, there are a few changes you could make to keep your costs down:
- Use Monterey Jack or Velveeta (very creamy!)
- and use green chiles, jalapenos, or a can of Rotel tomatoes
- ¾ cup diced onion
- ¾ cup diced green pepper
- ¾ cup diced celery
- 2 cans cannelloni beans
- 2½ cups chicken broth
- 1½ cups salsa
- 1 cup Pepper Jack cheese
- 1 cup diced or shredded chicken
- Combine all ingredients into a stockpot.
- Bring to a boil, then bring down to simmer and cook about 15 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Serve with cornbread or tortilla chips and garnish with sour cream, hot sauce (Frank’s!) and Monterey Jack cheese.
Recipe developed by Kelly Hancock ©2010 Faithful Provisions. For personal use only. May not be reproduced, reprinted or distributed for capital gain without prior permission from Kelly Hancock.