This is one of my favorite Go-To recipes. I almost always have all the ingredients in my stockpile, or enough ingredients to make it, and my hubby loves it. It’s a winner!
*Scroll down to use print recipe feature and add to your Recipe Box.
You can use just about any of your favorite toppings for this salad. Here are some that I love:
- ground turkey or beef
- tortilla chips or broken taco shells
- diced tomatoes
- black beans
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- black olives
- jalapenos (pickled)
- taco sauce
- ranch dressing
I make my own taco seasoning for the meat. I like it better than any I’ve found at the store, and I always have the ingredients on hand. Here is my recipe.
- 1 lb ground meat
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1 tsp. of each: chili powder, cumin, and coriander (can omit or replace w/ cilantro)
- ¼ cup water
- Brown meat.
- Add onion, garlic, and jalapenos.
- When the meat is brown and the onions have a translucent appearance, add the seasonings.
- Add water and mix thoroughly.
- Use a bed of lettuce or mixed greens as your base, then add seasoned meat.
- Pile on your favorite toppings and enjoy!