A really creative child Easter basket idea would have to be this Bug and Butterfly Hunting basket that is really not difficult to put together. (I though you’d love this picture of a girl’s pink rain boot with butterflies on it–so adorable!) I love these baskets that people come up with that give our kids something do, play, and imagine. It sure beats sitting around the house! All children love to play, and a creative child Easter basket like this lets them do just that!
Bug and Butterfly Hunting Baskets
- Bug catcher net (available at Target or Walmart in the outdoor sections next to swimming pool accessories.)
- Rubber boots (You can find the ones pictured above plus boys’ boots as well HERE.)
- Small plastic magnifying glass
- An inexpensive digital or disposable camera
- A bug catcher (also from the garden/pool section)
- Small jars w/ lids you have saved & label “Lady Bug” or “Earthworm” and so on. I fill these with candy that looks like bugs, gummy worms, and ingredients to make a gummy worm cake (chocolate cake mix, gummies, Cool Whip, chocolate sprinkes).
Would you like to see another creative Easter basket idea?