This time of year, you’re probably looking for an easy baked beans recipe, and this one is my favorite. It’s the perfect recipe for baked beans, a great side dish to take along for barbecues and cookouts. Plus, I love it as a main dish too, with just a simple summer salad as a side.
The distinct flavor of the green onions combined with the bacon gives this easy baked bean recipe a traditional summer taste. It’s a time saver because the majority of your time will be spent frying the bacon and slicing the green onions, which won’t take very long at all, then it spends just about 15 minutes in the oven. That’s it!
This baked beans recipe is sure to become a tradition for your family, for summer get-togethers and camp-outs in the backyard. I hope you enjoy it!
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (15-ounce) cans baked beans, plain or barbeque flavor
- 1/4 cup barbeque sauce
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Brown bacon in a skillet on medium heat. (Do not overcook bacon. It will cook more in the oven later.) Remove from heat and stir in bread crumbs, green onions, and pepper. Do not remove bacon drippings, leave them in to stir in with mixture.
- Combine beans and barbeque sauce in a shallow oven-safe dish.
- Top with bacon mixture and place into the oven.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until beans are warm and bubbly.
Recipe developed by Kelly Hancock ©2010 Faithful Provisions. For personal use only. May not be reproduced, reprinted or distributed for capital gain without prior permission from Kelly Hancock.