If you are visiting this site after seeing me on Fox 17’s Tennessee Mornings this morning, WELCOME!
Below you will find links to the information that I shared on air, along with a few additional links that you might find helpful.
:: Go here to see previous segments.
If you like what you see, please consider…
- subscribing via email – daily email updates
- join my page on Facebook
- following me on Twitter
- subscribing to my RSS Feed
- subscribing to my feed via a reader
Do you have any ideas for my weekly segments? I would love to hear from you, leave a comment below or contact me, kelly (at) faithfulprovisions (dot) com .
3 Tips to Lowering Your Grocery Budget
1. Meal Plan – Meal plan by using what you already have on hand and what is on sale.
2. Stockpile Deals – Only purchase your “needs” and use the rest of your budget to “stockpile” good deals.
3. Slowly lower your budget – Don’t try to cut your grocery budget in half the first week. You will be nothing but frustrated. In fact, for the first few months while you are stockpiling, your budget will remain the same. Start slowly purchasing great deals to build up your stockpile. Between your meal plan and your stockpile, stick to your weekly budget number you set. As you are able to plan from your stockpile, your budget will slowly reduce over the next 2-3 months.
How long will it take to lower your grocery budget?
3-4 months – It will take a few months before you start to see a significant decrease in your spending each week.
Here’s why: You are now purchasing what you normally purchase, plus starting to stockpile. Some people actually see a slight increase in their spending the first few weeks – because you are in stockpile and needs mode. Your needs are more now than they will be in the future, because you have NO stockpile to pull from. As your stockpile slowly grows, your need to spend more will decrease.
Next week… October Sales Cycles
Highlights not to miss!
Workshops: See if there is a workshop near you!
Downloads: Be sure to download your FREE Meal Planning Template, others templates available too!
Getting Started: A page to help you get started in your savings journey!
Grocery Store Deals: Pick your favorite store and see what deals they have this week.