Okay, the original name of this was Fruit Cake, but since no one likes fruit cake . Everyone who tries this LOVES it, so I renamed it to Candied Fruit Treats. And instead of making it in a big bundt pan, I halved the recipe and put them in mini muffin pans as small treats. Another great way to do this is in the 4-up small loaf pans.
Now, this recipe can get very costly, so I plan ahead and last year I got the candied cherries, pineapple and dates on clearance at Kroger for only $1 each, they are normally around $5 ea. So, yes, I used them from last year, they are preserved in sugar and tasted great.
Don’t these look wonderful? Well, imagine sweetened condensed milk with coconut and pecans! I could just drink it from the can, I look forward to this recipe every year just so I can snag a few spoonfuls of straight sweetened condensed milk.
- 1 lb crystallized cherries, chopped
- ½ lb candied pineapple, chopped
- 2 boxes candied dates, chopped
- 1 lb chopped pecans
- 2 cans sweetened condensed milk
- 2 – 8 oz boxes chopped coconut
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients and put into a bundt pan, multiple loaf pans or mini-muffin tins.
- Cook 1 hour 15 min for bundt and loaf pans and 20 minutes in muffin tins.
- This freezes VERY well!