I had lots of requests for this recipe today and after having it for dinner tonight, I have to highly recommend it. It tastes as good as it sounds. I made the entire recipe, we ate on it tonight and I froze the rest for another day.
I made a pork chop marinated with the same juices that went on these potatoes. While it sounded good, the end result wasn’t our favorite, so I won’t be recommending that one to you! I sauteed up some spinach, but my favorite part was the browned garlic chips. You slice the garlic into thin pieces and saute in olive oil on low until golden brown. Remove from the pan, and then wilt the spinach in the garlic infused oil. Then top the spinach with the chips, YUM!
I found this recipe in the December issue of Woman’s Day Magazine.
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled
- 2 T butter,
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ¼ tsp ground cayenne
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Halve sweet potatoes, cut into ¾ inch wedges, then cut wedges crosswise in half.
- Melt butter, sugar, orange juice, cayenne and cinnamon in a microwave save bowl on high for 30-45 seconds, or just until mixture is syrupy.
- Put sweet potatoes in a 9×13 baking pan and top with sugar mixture, toss to coat evenly.
- Roast 45 minutes, stirring once, until tender and glazed.