While taking some time off this week, I also didn’t meal plan. But, since we have a full stocked pantry and freezer I can always pull something together.
*Scroll down to use print recipe feature and add to your Recipe Box.
So, tonight I looked in the fridge and found organic baby spinach and spaghetti noodles from a few days ago. I also had a little leftover chicken broth, and most of the other ingredients on hand to spruce this up. So, here is what I came up with…
Grilled Chicken over Lemon Pasta with Spinach
1-2 lbs boneless chicken breast (use leftovers for grilled chicken salad)
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1-2 tablespoons Lemon Pepper Seasoning
1 lb cooked spaghetti noodles (or other favorite pasta)
1 bag baby spinach
1 lemon, zested and juiced
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup chicken broth or white wine
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 large garlic cloves, minced
grated Parmesan, for garnish
Heat olive oil in medium pan, and slowly saute garlic. Add spinach until it wilts.
Place pasta on plate and top with chicken.
- 1-2 pounds boneless chicken breast (use leftovers for grilled chicken salad)
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoons Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- 1 pound cooked spaghetti noodles (or other favorite pasta)
- 1 bag baby spinach
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or white wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- Grated Parmesan, for garnish
- Marinate chicken in a plastic bag for about 20 minutes.
- Grill and let sit until pasta is ready.
- Heat olive oil in medium pan, and slowly saute garlic.
- Add spinach until it wilts.
- Next add chicken broth, lemon zest, lemon juice, and butter.
- Once butter melts, add noodles and heat through.
- Place pasta on plate and top with chicken.
Recipe developed by Kelly Hancock ©2010 Faithful Provisions. For personal use only. May not be reproduced, reprinted or distributed for capital gain without prior permission from Kelly Hancock.