Hashbrown Casserole Recipe
The holidays are just around the corner and this Hashbrown Casserole is super easy to make and Always a crowd-pleaser! Since it’s pretty rich, I like to have it during the holidays. It’s definitely not something we have every week! I went to a luncheon once where the hostess served it with club sandwiches and baked beans (and it was great), but I identify this mostly with the holiday season (although I will sometimes pull it out for a special breakfast).
I keep an eye out for the pre-made hash browns to go on sale, and I will purchase them and hang onto them until I need them. I usually find shredded cheese, soup, butter and Ritz crackers all on sale right at the holidays.
- ½ cup melted butter
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp Mrs Dash (optional)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 32 oz frozen hash potatoes
- ½-1 cup Ritz crackers, crushed
- ½ melted butter, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients through soup. Fold in hashbrowns, then transfer to a 9x13 baking dish.
- Top potatoes with cracker crumbs and pour remaining butter over.
- Bake 45 minutes.
Check out my Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Recipe Page for more holiday recipes.
Photo Credit: Drake Cookbook