Please don’t miss My Holiday Meal Plan – Part 1
Now that I have figured out what my Master Holiday Meal Plan will be, it is time to start planning a prep day and pulling together a strategy to get it all done. I have grouped everything according by day with a step-by-step plan of how I will do it. If I plan it all out now, I will be able to uncover any unforeseen glitches now, not Christmas Day!
- Cut, peel and steam sweet potatoes for pie, and begin dough.
- Make dough for Wheat Rolls and Cinnamon Rolls and set aside to rise.
- While dough is rising, pull together sweet potato pie filling and put into oven to cook.
- Cook Chocolate Fudge ingredients in a pan on the stove and pour into pan to cool.
- Roll up wheat rolls and put into oven to cook.
- Roll out Cinnamon Roll dough and fill and place into pans. Let rise a few minutes.
- Put Cinnamon Rolls into oven while wheat rolls cool.
- Mix Sausage Balls, roll out and flash freeze on baking sheets.
Sausage Balls, Cinnamon and Wheat Rolls can all go into the freezer until needed. Sweet Potato Pie and fudge can go in the outside refrigerator for storage.
Christmas Eve Day
Fruit Salad with Orange Marshmallow Glaze – (I’ll add the bananas Christmas morning.)
Chicken Cheese Ball
Prep Roast Sticky Chicken
*Remove chicken from freezer to thaw on Wednesday night in refrigerator.
Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes
Buttermilk Pie– This is a maybe–depending on how many desserts we have
- Mix and cook Buttermilk Pie.
- Spice and stuff Roast Sticky Chicken.
- Mix Chicken Cheese Ball.
- Remove Buttermilk Pie from oven and let cool on counter for Christmas Eve night and Day desserts.
- Prep Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes.
- Lastly, assemble Fruit Salad minus the bananas, and store in refrigerator.
All items except for Buttermilk Pie can go into the outside refrigerator until needed.
- Cook frozen Sausage Balls in oven.
- Mix Mini Fritattas mixture and prep to go in oven once sausage balls come out.
- Cook Mini Fritattas in oven and let sausage balls cool.
- Heat Cinnamon Rolls in oven while Fritattas cook.
- Add bananas to fruit salad.
- Roast Sticky Chicken – put in oven around 11am once brunch is over
Now all ingredients are cooked and pulled together, time to eat! Since these are all finger foods that can be eaten at room temperature, there is no need for them all to be ready at the same time. However, I’d prefer the cinnamon rolls and fritattas to still be fairly warm, so that is why I put them in the oven last.
- Remove chicken from oven to cool, and put mashed potatoes in to cook.
- While potatoes are cooking, assemble spinach salad and vinaigrette on side.
- Once potatoes are cooked, heat rolls.
- Dinner is Done!
These are all made, so we just need to enjoy them!
In planning, I have determined there are NO Last Minute Tasks and my shopping list only has 3 items, all of which are fruits!
I am D.O.N.E.
Find everything you need for your Holiday Meal Planning on Faithful Provisions.