*Scroll down to use print recipe feature and add to your Recipe Box.
Corn kernels are something I keep on hand at all times. We even pull this out for dinner in a pinch. What a good dinner!
Now if you want to make this a little more gourmet for adults, heat the oil in a small sauce pan with a couple of sprigs of fresh rosemary. Then discard the rosemary and pour that oil over it, instead of the butter.
- 4 tablespoons oil (canola or olive)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup corn kernels
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large saucepan (5 quart), add the oil and corn kernels.
- Turn the heat to medium, cover the pot with the lid slightly off, so that it is NOT on perfectly tight.
- Let the corn kernels begin to pop (after a minute or two).
- Once the popping has almost stopped, remove the pot from the heat.
- Transfer the popcorn to a large serving bowl and drizzle with melted butter and salt as desired, tossing well to combine.
You might also like:
See all my Recipes for Appetizers HERE.