My favorite thing to do mid afternoon, say around 2pm, is to relax with a book and a warm drink, like a warm, sweet, creamy latte. But I am not usually able to run down to Starbucks and grab one because, if I have timed it right, one child is asleep and the other is in quiet time.
So I have learned to improvise and a few kitchen tools have allowed me to make my very own Vanilla Latte at home. I use a single French Press for my coffee, but you can just make a strong pot of coffee and it will work just fine. The other item I use is a Magic Bullet. You just need something that will blend the milk to make it frothy. If you have a milk frother or espresso maker with a steamer attachment, that is even better.
- ¼ cup milk (the higher fat, the better!)
- ⅛ cup french vanilla creamer
- strong coffee
- Froth the milk and creamer using something like a Magic Bullet, milk frother or an espresso maker with a steamer attachment.
- Pour into a coffee mug and heat in microwave for about 30 seconds. Your cup should be about half full with creamer and milk mixture.
- Fill the rest of the glass with strong coffee, or espresso type coffee mixture.
You will have a nice cafe style latte without the cost!
Recipe developed by Kelly Hancock ©2010 Faithful Provisions. For personal use only. May not be reproduced, reprinted or distributed for capital gain without prior permission from Kelly Hancock.