If you’re looking for a recipe for making whipped cream, here’s a few things I’ve learned from making my own whipped cream.
*Scroll down to use print recipe feature and add to your Recipe Box.
- Half and Half does not work. You need the all the butterfat of the cream in order to make it whip.
- Chill the whipping bowl and the beater for 10 minutes in the freezer before you begin making whipped cream.
- Don’t whip for more than 2-3 minutes. If you over-whip, you will have butter!
- Any sugar works fine. I prefer to use powdered sugar because it dissolves more easily.
- Vanilla extract is optional, especially if you are like me and you like the pure taste of the whipping cream itself.
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- Chill bowl and beaters for ten minutes in the freezer.
- Remove cream from refrigerator and pour immediately into cold bowl. It is very important that the cream stays very cold. Don't let it sit on the counter.
- Whip on high for 2-3 minutes, or until peaks form.
- Do not over-whip.
Recipe developed by Kelly Hancock ©2010 Faithful Provisions. For personal use only. May not be reproduced, reprinted or distributed for capital gain without prior permission from Kelly Hancock.