We just decided to get back into an organic CSA (Community Supported Agriculture program) so I need to find some ways to use up the kale we have. I love beans, so this was a natural fit! I added roasted red peppers because I had them on hand, but you can totally omit them to lower the cost. Also, I used red onions, but any while onion will taste fine.
- 2 cans cannelloni beans, drained
- 4-5 cups kale, rinsed and coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Parmesan cheese, for topping
- In a large skillet heat olive oil and saute garlic and onions until wilted. Add kale as seen below. It will fill the pan, but will wilt down quickly.
- Once kale starts wilting, add salt and pepper, and chicken broth.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes, then add beans and red peppers.
- Let simmer on low for another 15 minutes or until liquid turns thick more like a sauce.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese.
View instructions picture by picture…
In a large skillet heat olive oil and saute garlic and onions until wilted. Add kale as seen below. It will fill the pan, but will wilt down quickly.
Recipe developed by Kelly Hancock ©2010 Faithful Provisions. For personal use only. May not be reproduced, reprinted or distributed for capital gain without prior permission from Kelly Hancock.