I don’t know about you, but getting my kids to eat new and healthy food can sometimes be a challenge. I have found the best way to overcome that obstacle is to get them involved in the kitchen! When my kids help with a meal, they are much more likely to try new things and make healthier choices. They naturally want to try what they have made with their own hands.
This Kid-Friendly Bean and Rice Stuffed Burrito is super simple, tasty and you can incorporate your favorite add-ins to make it your own. For my kids, the best part is putting the toppings in. I like this with just rice and beans because it makes for a simple budget-friendly meal, but you could even add things like grilled chicken or steak. The sky is the limit!
I think this would be a great recipe to enter into The Ben’s Beginners ™ Cooking Contest because you could make it so many different ways! I would love to hear your favorite way to spice up a burrito.
- 1 cup Uncle Ben's Brown Rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Place rice, water and spices into a medium saucepan and cover. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork.
- On each plate, lay out a warm tortilla.
- In a line down the center, layer 2 tablespoons beans first, then sprinkle 2 tablespoons rice, and generously top with remaining ingredients. Repeat for each burrito.
- Fold over edges and roll up. Lay seam side down on plate to keep it together.
- Serve with fresh fruit.
Cooking with your children makes for a great beginning! Visit www.UncleBens.com and click on The Ben’s Beginners™ Cooking Contest page to learn more!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Uncle Ben’s. The opinions and text are all mine.