This lemon Parmesan salad dressing tastes best on a bed of plain lettuce topped with some homemade croutons. It has the most flavor if you let the garlic sit for a good 24 hours. I usually double this and keep it in the refrigerator all summer for easy and quick salads when I have extra lettuce from the garden. Well, when the rabbits don’t eat it all!
For this salad, I just shaved a carrot with my vegetable peeler, then tossed with fresh lettuce, homemade croutons, and about 3 tablespoons of vinaigrette.
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice (or 2 lemons, juiced)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- dash of pepper
- In a small to medium sized mason jar, combine all ingredients except garlic cloves.
- Using the flat side of a knife, smash cloves until flat. Add to mixture.
- Secure lid and shake well.
- Refrigerate for up to 24 hours before serving to let garlic seep into dressing.