This Mother’s Day, personalized gifts will be all the rage. After all, most moms want a gift that is uniquely, expressly, and significantly for them. Did you ever stop to think that the best way to personalize your gift for Mom is to think about her love language?
In his book, The Five Love Languages, Dr. Gary Chapman explains that everyone has a unique “love tank” that is best filled in one of five ways. Below you’ll see each love language, followed by suggestions for a personalized gift for mom.
Oh, and if you want to know what Mom’s love language is, here’s one way to find out. The tricky thing about love languages is that people speak the language that they wish was being spoken to them. So, for example, if my love language is gifts, then I will probably give you gifts to show you my love. But if your love language is acts of service, then that won’t work. So we need to be looking for other people’s love language and speak to them that way. Ask yourself, How does my mother show me her love?
Then turn around and do that for her. What could be more personal?
Words of Affirmation
- Write her a letter and tell her everything you appreciate about her. We’ve got tips for how to write your mom a letter HERE.
- Think of a word that best describes your mom. Have it engraved on a bracelet for her.
- Have the kids paint a T-shirt that says, “We Have the Best Mom” or “Best Mom Award” for her.
- Take Mom out for an evening of great conversation.
- Enjoy a special evening of family games and conversation at home.
- Spend the day doing things that still allow for conversation, like shopping, antiquing, going to the park or zoo or other area attractions.
- Wrap several small gifts individually, so she has several to open.
- Give her a treasure map and clues to find her gift.
- Make sure that the gifts you purchase are uniquely “her.” The love language of gifts has nothing to do with materialism and everything to do with the fact that you thought of her and picked something that says you know her well.
Don’t miss the 99 Gift Ideas for Mom HERE — something for every budget and every mom!
Acts of Service
- Car maintenance.
- Home maintenance.
- Yard work.
- Folding clothes.
- Lots of hugs for Mom.
- Holding hands on a walk around the neighborhood
- Homemade Skincare Products for Mom–Pictured in the photo at the top of this post, check out these easy recipes for my Lemon Mint Shower Gel and Lavender Mint Foot Scrub.
Find more ideas for Mother’s Day Gifts Personalized HERE on Faithful Provisions.