Okay, so the other night I didn’t get dinner together on time, and my husband and I weren’t in the mood for a big cook and clean up. So we went for our old standby. I don’t think about how much I enjoy nachos until we have them and I am reminded LOL. They tasted so amazing–especially since we smothered them in juicy chunks of homegrown tomatoes!
TIP: There is one big tip when doing nachos – Don’t overcook them!
- Tortilla chips
- Cheese (Cheddar or Monterey Jack)
- 1 can black beans (rinsed)
- Your favorite toppings: diced tomatoes, taco seasoned meat, chopped green onion, sour cream, cheeses and hot Sauce.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place tortilla chips on a nonstick pan.
- Lay them out in a single layer, then cover with shredded cheese (cheddar or Monterey Jack are great) and rinsed black beans.
- Bake in preheated oven for only about 3-5 minutes. (My oven cooks hot, so mine were in about 4 minutes) You only want them in there long enough to melt the cheese. The chips crisp up VERY quickly.
- TIP: If you have stale tortilla chips or taco shells, stick them in the oven for a couple of minutes and they will be crisp again!
- Garnish with your favorite toppings.
Recipe developed by Kelly Hancock ©2010 Faithful Provisions. For personal use only. May not be reproduced, reprinted or distributed for capital gain without prior permission from Kelly Hancock.