This is my favorite recipe for dressing. Since my grandmother, Mama Kelly, spoiled me with this great homemade version, I rarely veer from it. Everything she made was wonderful, and my Thanksgiving isn’t complete until I have my favorite cornbread dressing on my plate, nestled happily alongside my turkey.
You’re going to love this because not only does it taste amazing, it is super simple. The only tricky part is remembering to make homemade cornbread the night before. You can just grab the cornbread recipe on the back of the cornmeal bag.
At Mama Kelly’s, whenever there was extra cornbread to be had, we always crumbled it up into a glass of milk and ate it like cereal. Now that’s a Southern delicacy! Yum! Enjoy this recipe for dressing.
- 4 slices wheat bread, stale
- 1 skillet corn bread, set out overnight
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- 1 med onion, chopped
- 3 boiled eggs, chopped (optional, but is so good!)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- ¼ stick butter
- 1 Tbs sage
- 1 can cream chicken soup
- 2 cans chicken broth, stock
- Thoroughly combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Spread evenly in a 9x13 inch casserole dish.
- Bake on 375° for 30 to 45 minutes.
Photo Credit: Life123.com
You might also like:
- How to Cook a Turkey | Turkey Recipe VIDEO
- My Favorite Thanksgiving Recipes
- Easy Thanksgiving Table Decor
Recipe developed by Kelly Hancock ©2010 Faithful Provisions. For personal use only. May not be reproduced, reprinted or distributed for capital gain without prior permission from Kelly Hancock.