You know all those baking products that are going on sale right now? Stock up so you can make this, it is from my friend Christina, Thanks!
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1- 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup egg substitute (or 2 eggs)
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole cranberry sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon orange zest (optional)
- 2 tablespoons walnuts (I use 1/4-1/2 cup sometimes)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray two 8-1/2 by 4-1/2 inch loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, ground cinnamon and ground cloves in a large bowl and mix well.
- Mix the egg substitute, cranberry sauce, pureed pumpkin, vegetable oil , nuts and grated orange zest together. Add this mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just moistened. Pour batter into the prepared pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the loaves cool for 10 minutes then remove from the pans. Can be made even lower in fat by substituting 1/3 cup applesauce for the 1/3 cup vegetable oil.
I love this recipe because it makes 2 loaves- we always give away the second loaf as a surprise to a friend!