Here is a great recipe for a homemade and nutritious granola. Thanks, Christina!
Serves: 10 cups
- 1-1/2 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup water
- 4 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups rolled oats (old fashioned, not quick cooking)
- 2 cups chopped pecans, walnuts or almonds
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper (I’ve cooked it without paper also, the paper just makes clean up easier).
- Combine brown sugar and water in a glass bowl. Microwave on high for 5 minutes until sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from microwave and add vanilla and salt.
- In large mixing bowl, combine oats, nuts and brown syrup mixture. Stir until thoroughly mixed. Spread the granola onto cookie sheets and bake 45 minutes to 1 hour until golden and crunchy.
- When mixture comes out of the oven it is still very pliable. Break up with wooden spoon. When granola has completely cooled, store in airtight container.