I got the idea to make this recipe from my friend Jennifer when I saw her at the Farmer’s Market. I was trying to give her my eggplant and she encouraged me to try roasting it. Well, I now LOVE eggplant, especially roasted. It totally changed the taste, and if you add a little pasta and some cheese, well, there you have it.
- 1 large eggplant, peeled, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons pesto
- 1/2 lb pasta, cooked
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Toss the eggplant with oil, spread on large baking sheet and roast in the oven for around 25 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine tomatoes and pesto in small saucepan and warm gently.
- No, the eggplant is not burnt, I just like it crispy and well done! So, when eggplant is done, place pasta, then tomato mixture and last top with roasted eggplant. Top with Parmesan and serve with bread.
View instructions picture by picture…
Toss the eggplant with oil, spread on large baking sheet and roast in the oven for around 25 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
Recipe developed by Kelly Hancock ©2010 Faithful Provisions. For personal use only. May not be reproduced, reprinted or distributed for capital gain without prior permission from Kelly Hancock.