Every time salmon goes on sale, I buy several fillets and freeze them so I can make these grilled salmon sandwiches with a great Cajun flavored spread.
*Scroll down to use print recipe feature and add to your Recipe Box.
Salmon Sandwich Recipe
This salmon sandwich recipe is so simple but so good! Since I am nuts about strong, spicy flavors, my favorite part is the Cajun lemon mayonnaise. This mixture of creamy texture paired with a spicy, citrus-y zing is what makes the flavor pop!
Bacon. Do I need to say more? The smoky flavor of bacon as an additional topping is perfect, especially if you want to give it a hint of a smoked salmon sandwich taste. If you have bacon on hand, use it–it makes this recipe for a salmon sandwich taste so good you will want to make it everyday. (And eating salmon every day would be good for you! You would be getting tons of omega-3’s.)
No more talking–now time to make it and eat. Enjoy!
- 2 - 4-6 ounce salmon fillets (or one 8-12 ounce piece)
- 1 tablespoon oil (grapeseed or canola)
- 3 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 whole wheat buns
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 bacon slices, cooked (optional)
- Generously sprinkle Cajun seasoning (about 2 tablespoons) on flesh side of salmon. I leave my salmon whole with the skin on. It is easier to cook on the grill, no sticking!
- Grill skin side down for 5-8 minutes or until salmon is cooked.
- While salmon is on the grill, combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, and one tablespoon of Cajun seasoning. Stir until mixed well.
- Lightly toast buns on grill, cool, then generously spread with mayonnaise mixture.
- Top bun with cooked salmon, bacon, and any favorite toppings.
Find more recipes for Sandwiches and Wraps in my Recipe Box.
Recipe developed by Kelly Hancock ©2010 Faithful Provisions. For personal use only. May not be reproduced, reprinted or distributed for capital gain without prior permission from Kelly Hancock.