This recipe originated one night over five years ago when I was trying to use up fresh produce and create something tasty out of leftovers. I had leftover pesto and a can of diced tomatoes. The great thing about this is you can do the same. Use your favorite pasta shape and lots of fresh Parmesan cheese to take this over the top!
If you don’t have basil pesto on hand, pick up an Italian-flavored can of tomatoes.
- 1 zucchini, half-slices
- 1 yellow squash, half-slices
- 1 red or yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- 1 lb spaghetti pasta
- Saute squash, zucchini, onions and garlic, and season with salt and pepper.
- While that is cooking, heat tomatoes and pesto in a small saucepan until warm.
- In a third pot, cook noodles.
- Serve with noodles, with tomato mixture and top with vegetable mixture, garnishing with Parmesan cheese.
Recipe developed by Kelly Hancock ©2010 Faithful Provisions. For personal use only. May not be reproduced, reprinted or distributed for capital gain without prior permission from Kelly Hancock.