This Sweet Potato Casserole recipe is a holiday favorite, and one that family counts on me to make every year. But sweet potatoes are so healthy and loaded with nutrients that I really should make this more often.
There are lots of variations of this traditional sweet potato casserole, but I think what you’ll like about mine is that it’s really easy to make. The sweet, crunchy sugary topping makes this eligible for the dessert table, but it’s always a winner no matter where you put it!
- 3 cups sweet potatoes, mashed (4 large) or 3-15oz cans sweet potatoes (yams)
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Peel, boil, and mash potatoes. (While potatoes are boiling, combine all topping ingredients in a bowl and set to the side.)
- On medium speed, beat in eggs, milk, butter, sugar, and vanilla with potatoes.
- Spread mixture in 9x13 pan
- Spread topping evenly over the top.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
Love sweet potatoes? Then you might like these recipes too!