You can make this with any kind of green (we just used the Arugula in our garden), but spinach or green leaf lettuce would be great! I just used what I had on hand.
*Scroll down to use print recipe feature and add to your Recipe Box.
I loved the effect of cutting the cucumbers really thin and letting them sit and soak in the dressing for a few minutes before you toss. This is a great salad for enjoying with all the fresh watermelon that’s in season–and it’s something different!
- 4 cups arugula, spinach or green leaf lettuce
- 1 cup red seedless watermelon, 1 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 a cucumber, sliced thinly
- 1-2 green onions, chopped, white and green parts
- Red Wine or Honey Dijon Vinaigrette
- Make one of the dressings above in the bottom of the salad bowl.
- Add cucumber slices and allow to marinade (soak) for 15 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, toss to coat.
Recipe developed by Kelly Hancock ©2010 Faithful Provisions. For personal use only. May not be reproduced, reprinted or distributed for capital gain without prior permission from Kelly Hancock.