I absolutely love zucchini and I’m always looking for great zucchini recipes. This recipe for Zucchini Roll-Ups might be my absolutely favorite way to eat them. This would make a fantastic make-ahead appetizer, but honestly, I just had a whole plate of these for dinner one night and was mighty satisfied.
Scroll down to print recipe.
The trick to these zucchini roll-ups is to get the zucchini nice and thin, but not so thin they fall apart. They need to fold easily and not “break.” I have found the best way to get just the right kind of slice is with a mandoline slicer, but I actually did my first batch of zucchini roll-ups with a nice sharp knife.
If you love goat cheese and anything grilled, then you need to make these. Let me know how you like them!
- 2-3 zucchini thinly sliced (use mandoline)
- Oil for basting
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2-3 ounces goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 cups baby spinach leaves (approximate)
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- Preheat the grill. While that is preheating, brush slices of zucchini on both sides with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Then grill until tender, on both sides.
- While that is grilling, combine goat cheese, parsley and lemon juice.
- Once zucchini is off grill and cooled a bit, spread about a teaspoon of goat cheese mixture on each zucchini slice and top with a few spinach leaves and a basil leaf.
- Roll up and place seam side down on a plate. You can serve immediately, or chill them to serve later.
Try these Zucchini Recipes: