The 411 on Sale Ads
1. Run Weekly – Depending on your store they usually either run Sunday to Saturday (Kroger) or Wednesday to Tuesday (Publix) i.e.); if your ads come out on Sunday and you make your list, you must go by Saturday or the sales will change.
2. Buy One Get One Free (BOGOF) and 5/$10 – Check with your store, but typically if it is BOGOF you must get both items to get them at BOGOF. If an item is 5/$10, you don’t have to purchase 5 to get it at $2/ea, you can just purchase one for $2.
3. Always bring Ads with you – When you go to the store to verify sales if not marked in store, make sure you have the right size for sale qualifications.
4. Rainchecks – If the store is out of an item that is an advertised sale price in the sales flier, the store will give you a “raincheck” for you to purchase that item later at the sale price. Sometimes if they are out of the sale item, they will substitute a comparable product instead.
5. Loyalty Programs – Go to Customer Service at your store and see if there are any special programs they have for shoppers. i.e.) Frequent Shopper Cards (Kroger Plus Card), Weekly Penny Items & Baby Clubs(Publix), eVic Specials (Harris Teeter) – see Grocery Store policies page.