*Scroll down to use print recipe feature and add to your Recipe Box.
- 4 6-oz skinless fish filets, (Grouper, Mahi-Mahi, Swordfish, Sole, Tilapia--any firm white fish) approximately 2 pounds
- 2 teaspoons kosher or natural salt
- 1/2 of a medium red onion, diced
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 one jalapeno, minced
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar, sucanat, or honey
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup freshly chopped cilantro leaves
- Rub the fillets with kosher or natural salt and set aside.
- Mix together the onion, lime juice, orange juice, jalapeno, and sugar.
- Once sugar is dissolved, add the fillets.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- When you are ready to grill, pat the fillets dry with paper towels, use olive oil to lightly coat.
- Transfer marinade to saucepan and heat until it is reduced to about 3/4 of a cup.
- After grilling fish (about 3-4 minutes on each side), serve with a covering of sauce and top with cilantro.