This is yet another great recipe from Christina. I absolutely love this one, and I made two so I could freeze one. As you can see in my “after” shot, we ate most of it before I got a good picture, that is how good it is!
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 Tbs water
- 1 large can sliced peaches, drained (29 oz)
- 12 slices day old French bread (3/4 inch thick) – I use sweet Italian bread
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 Tbs. vanilla extract
- ground cinnamon, sprinkled
- In a saucepan, bring brown sugar, butter and water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Pour into a greased casserole dish; top with peaches.
- Arrange bread over peaches. In a bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and vanilla; slowly pour over bread.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Sprinkle the cinnamon on top.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Uncover, bake 25 – 30 minutes longer or until the bread is golden brown