I found this easy, but yummy, Summer Squash Pasta dish on 5 Dollar Dinners last week and decided to try it!
Here is my version!!
Summer Squash Pasta
whole wheat spaghetti
4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
3 T. fresh basil and parsley, chopped
zucchini and squash, diced
2 small shallots, diced
cherry tomatoes, halved
1. Cook pasta according to directions.
2. While pasta is cooking, brown garlic and start sauteeing the shallots, zucchini and squash.
3. While the vegetables are cooking (about 3-4 minutes), chop the herbs and tomatoes.
4. Add tomatoes and herbs. I used a mix of cherry tomatoes and roma’s diced because I didn’t have enough cherry. Cook the cherry tomatoes until the skins get soft.
5. Once the veggie mixture is done, add the pasta and toss.
6. Serve covered in fresh parmesean.
Recipe developed by Kelly Hancock ©2010 Faithful Provisions. For personal use only. May not be reproduced, reprinted or distributed for capital gain without prior permission from Kelly Hancock.